Rondo Forma Competition
(Piano, Strings, and Ensemble)
Competition for emerging artists ages 18-27 who plan to pursue a career in music. There are 2 categories
(18-22 and 23-27). Two FIRST PLACE winners will be chosen from each category to perform at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall, and receive New York Concert Review. Strings, piano and ensembles are accepted in this division. Media services provided by Rondo Young Artist. Additional performance opportunities may be provided.
All applicants must submit a YouTube video recording along with the paid application, due by March 13th. They will receive the jury's comments the week of March 20th, 2017. Contenders for top prizes will be invited for a LIVE audition. Those unable to attend a LIVE audition will receive the same consideration based solely on their Youtube recordings, as those competitors selected to play a LIVE audition in NYC.
International applicants welcome.
LIVE Auditions will be held on: TBA
The repertoire has to remain the same, also when chosen as a winner for the performance.
Rondo FORMA Application Deadline: March 22nd, 2017
Winners help distribute tickets to the Carnegie Hall performance, by paying $1,000 each and receiving 40 tickets ($25 each), which they can then distribute as they see fit, or sell to their friends and family. We encourage self promotion for our artists, to help compliment Rondo's goals of promoting young talent, and offer career advise and guidance to our winners.
Repertoire Requirements - A program of a maximum of 25 minutes in length, please see below.
• Applicants must turn the required age in the 2017 calendar year (January 1st, 2017- December 31st, 2017).
• Winners of Rondo Forma Competition will perform a piece/pieces selected by the judges from their audition repertoire.
• If the applicant for any reason is unable to attend a live audition, video recordings will be accepted. Youtube video recordings can be submitted together with the paid application.
Please adhere to acceptable concert standards, good microphone, and dress code.
Recordings cannot be enhanced or edited.
• If an applicant is unable to attend the live audition, the application fee cannot be refunded, unless in the case of medical emergency, accompanied by a doctors note. If a student decided to audition live, he/she MUST be available for the the LIVE audition days. No time changes will be allowed in the schedule.
RONDO will only excuse students who have academic obligations (juries), or medical reasons accompanied by a doctors note.
• All Instrumentalists/Singers are encouraged to provide their own accompanist.
RONDO can provide a list of accompanists on a need basis.
• All solo applicants must perform from memory, and with no repeats. Ensemble applicants may use sheet music at the audition, and performance if selected.
• First place winners will perform at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall.
• The results and comments for Rondo Forma Competition will be sent by March 20th, 2017.
• All judges decisions are final. Judges are precluded from judging their own students.
• Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions at 1(347) 766-3608 or email us at email@example.com.